Tiny Home Must Haves
What Is A Tiny Home
A tiny home is one that has a total internal space measurement of between approximately 7 - 45 square metres and it can be a serious option if:
You are in a position where you are yet to find a permanent place to live,
The responsibility of a big house is not one you want
You want to own your home, and you are currently unable to afford a conventional home.
Why Live In A Tiny Home?
A Tiny House Must Have
Pros And Cons Of Tiny Living
- It is a less expensive way to own your home
- It can be portable
- Less space to maintain = fewer chores
- Mortgage free living can be achieved quickly
- Able to save money at a faster rate
- Lack of personal space if occupied by multiple people
- Lack of standard utilities usually found in the home
- no plumbed toilet
- not connected to the electricity grid
- no phone line
- not connected to water mains
- You have to have somewhere to put it which can be challenging if you do not own land
- Building code black hole - the law is yet to come up with a set of building codes for tiny homes
With house prices seemingly always on the increase and wages not keeping up, there is a whole group of people that are unable to purchase their ideal first home on their own without banding together with others or help from family members.
There are also those at the other end of the spectrum who have plenty of their money tied up in their home and are looking for ways to release it so they can fund their retirement.
A solution for both these groups of people is to start small or downsize to a tiny home.