Resuscitate Stale Bread
Reviving Stale Bread
Using An Oven
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celcius
- Sprinkle bread with water if hard, the harder the bread, the more water you should use
- Wrap bread in foil
- Place foil-wrapped bread in oven
- Heat until it gets soft, about 5 to 10 minutes
- Unwrap bread from foil and heat for a couple of minutes to dry out the crust if still wet.
- Eat soon
Using A Microwave
- Dampen a paper towel
- Wrap bread in paper towel
- Place wrapped bread in microwave
- Heat in regular intervals, say 10-second intervals, checking the softness of the bread each time
- Repeat step above until bread is soft
- Eat immediately
- Bring a small amount of water to the boil
- Place bread in the steam basket and cover with a lid
- Keep bread covered until bread is soft.
Uses For Stale Bread
Bread has a long life and is versatile. It can be used to create a meal by itself or added to a meal give texture and density.
Freshly baked, it is best to eat immediately, there is no need to wait for it to cool down. After 3 or 4 days it starts to get a little stale after which it takes on another guise of being added to food.